Heating and Cooling
George's Sierra Shell Heating and Cooling
Cooling system failure is the #1 cause of engine breakdowns on the highway. A little maintenance can go a long way to preventing a potentially expensive engine problem and a lot of inconvenience for you and your family.
Keep an eye out for the following signs and symptoms of cooling system failure; your car or truck may be telling you it needs a little cooling system care:
- Dashboard temperature gauge shows the car is in the red or running hot.
- Any colored fluid is leaking from the engine.
- Steam is coming from the engine.
- Car engine smells “hot”.
- Engine belts and hoses are more than 5 years old or are showing signs of wear.
- Auto manual recommends maintenance, such as replacement of anti-freeze.
At George’s Shell, our ASE-certified master technicians will perform a professional inspection of the system and provide you with a complete analysis of the current conditions and the estimated cost of repair.
So what could cause your vehicle to overheat? It could be any one of many cooling system components. Here’s what we’ll check:
- Radiator cap
- Radiator hoses
- Radiator fan/fan clutch
- Anti-freeze and coolant (different vehicles take different types)
- Water pump
- Fan belts
- Serpentine belt
- Cooling sensor
- Heater core
- Heater hoses
Unlike many service shops that just perform a “drain-and-fill” of anti-freeze, George’s Shell provides a complete radiator flushing service that includes the following:
- Inspect system and pressure test for leaks
- Add flush chemicals to the radiator
- Power flush system through flush machine
- Add sealant/lubricant to the system
Make an appointment online or call George’s Shell to get your Heating & Cooling System checked today.