Change Oil Filter
George's Sierra Shell Fluids and Filters
The oil in your car lubricates the engine and keeps all the parts running smoothly. Over time, the oil gets dirty, thick and sometimes even sludgy. You know you need an oil change when:
- You’ve driven more than 3,000 miles since your last oil change (check your vehicle manual for ideal miles driven between changes).
- It’s been over 3 months since you’ve had your oil changed.
- Your oil level is low.
- Your oil, when you check the level, is dark black-brown on the stick.
George’s Sierra Shell will choose the type of oil that’s best for your vehicle; usually as recommended by the manufacturer. With each oil change, George’s Sierra Shell will also:
- Change the oil filter. Changing the filter keeps your oil cleaner longer.
- Inspect your air filter and recommend replacement only if needed.
- Check your vital fluid levels, such as battery water, automatic transmission fluid, coolant/antifreeze, and brake fluid.
- Perform a complete courtesy check on the vehicle, checking for any possible issues and preventing any problems before they occur.
Make an appointment online or call George’s Shell to receive our change oil filter service by our expert Fontana mechanics today.